Starting from 1 September 2018, holders of passports issued by the following 53 countries do not need a visa if transiting through Beijing Capital International Airport, Shanghai Pudong International Airport, Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport, Guangzhou Baiyu International Airport, Chengdu ShuangLiu International Airport provided they hold valid passports, visas for the onward countries, final destination tickets and have booked onward flight seats, and stay in Beijing , or Shanghai, or Guangdong Province, or Chengdu for less than 144 hours.
Europe (39 nations): Belarus, Monaco, Austria, the Kingdom of Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia, and Albania.
The Americas (6 nations): the United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and Chile.
Oceania (2 nations): Australia and New Zealand.
Asia (6 nations): South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
Conditions of 144-hour visa-free transit at Guangzhou Baiyun Airport
1. It only applies to passengers who transiting through Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. The destination and place of departure cannot be the same.(e.g Singapore – Guangzhou - Singapore)
2. It does not apply to passengers who travelling by train, ship or other transportation.
3. Visitors are not allowed to leave the city to other cities during the 144-hour visa-free period. You must arrive at and depart from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport.
4. The 144 hours will be counted from the time when the transit permit is granted, not from the time when the flight land at the airport.
5. Have your valid international travel documents.
6. Hold a valid visa issued by the third country (region).
7. Hold an interline ticket for a flight leaving from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport for a third country (region) on a scheduled date within 144 hours.
8. Only move around in Guangdong Province, China during the period of visa-free entry.
How to apply for 144-hour visa-free transit at Guangzhou Baiyun Airport
Printed itinerary on A4 paper, hotel booking order, a filled-out foreigner exit and entry card (blue version)
24/144-hour waiting area at the arrivals border inspection
Departing from Guangzhou
Arrive at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport at least two hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time. Then head to the China Southern Airlines counters to check in.
If I have more questions concerning the entry-exit border control formalities, how can I ask for an answer?
You may call the 24-hour inquiry hotline of Guangzhou Baiyun Entry-Exit Border Control Station: +86 20 36066950 or 24-hour inquiry hotline of Guangzhou General Station of Immigration inspection + 86 20 32090088